Development Possibilities of the Port of Koper
AbstractThe extent to which Slovenia will exploit its good geographictransport position, whether it will be merely a transportcorridor or assume an additional quality (e.g. a distributioncentre or a logistic centre) will depend on a cluster of circumstances.The importance will also be laid on how Slovenia willpresent itself and what it will offer to Europe and the rest of theworld. One of its best assets is the Port of Koper (favourable position,good condition, capacities) in the frame of the whole logisticsystem.A larger volume of transport and consequently be/fer exploitationof the Port of Koper will in the future depend on increasedtransit. However, to acquire new cargo, the mere installationand modernisation of port infrastructure and rise in thequality of services may not be sufficient: it will also require goodconnections to the hinterland.
(1] Cooper, J, et al. (1992): European Logistics, Blackwel,
(2] lhde B. G. (1984): Transport, Verkehr, Logistik, Verlag
(3) Porter, M. E. (1990): The Competitive Advantage of Nations,
Free Press, New York.
(4] Report of the research carried out on the program
URP for the year 1992 (1993), Defining elements and
measures of the traffic policy of Slovenia, Institute for
Transportation and Logistics EPF, Maribor.
(5] Pozar, D. (1985): Theory and Practice of Transportation
and Logistics, Publisher Obzorja, Maribor.
(6) Trupac, I. (1997): Transport- dejavnikpovezovanja Slovenije
in Evropske unije, (Transportation- a Factor Associating
Slovenia with the EU), Doctoral Dissertation.
(7) Trupac, I. (1997): Logistics integrates - in the01y and
practice. Zbornik del- Proceedings of the Conference
I, International Conference on Traffic Science, Portoroz.
(8] Zizmond, E. (1993): Ekonomika narodnega gospodarstva,
(Economics of National Commerce and Industry),
Zelenika R., Jakomin, L. (1995): Suvremeni transportni
sustavi (Modem Transport Systems), Ekonomski fakultet
Sveucilista u Rijeci, (Faculty of Economics of Rijeka)
(10] Maurizio Maresca (2000), International Transport Journal,
, 2000, Ports of Trieste and Koper Join Forces.
(11] Gospodarski vestnik- Priloga Logistika (Supplement to
Gospodarski vestnik), No. 3, March 2000
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).