Focus and Scope
This scientific journal publishes scientific papers in the area of technical sciences, field of transport and traffic technology.
The basic guidelines of the journal, which support the mission - promotion of transport science, are: relevancy of published papers and reviewer competency, established identity in the print and publishing profile, as well as other formal and informal details. The journal organisation consists of the Editorial Board, Editors, Reviewer Selection Committee and the Scientific Advisory Committee.
The received papers are subject to peer review in accordance with the recommendations for international scientific journals.
The papers published in the journal are placed in sections which explain their focus in more detail. The sections are: transportation economy, information and communication technology, intelligent transport systems, human-transport interaction, intermodal transport, education in traffic and transport, traffic planning, traffic and environment (ecology), traffic on motorways, traffic in the cities, transport and sustainable development, traffic and space, traffic infrastructure, traffic policy, transport engineering, transport law, safety and security in traffic, transport logistics, transport technology, transport telematics, internal transport, traffic management, science in traffic and transport, traffic engineering, transport in emergency situations, swarm intelligence in transportation engineering.
The Journal also publishes information not subject to review, and classified under the following headings: book and other reviews, symposia, conferences and exhibitions, scientific cooperation, anniversaries, portraits, bibliographies, publisher information, news, etc.
Peer Review Process
Reviewers are prominent scientists and experts with an established scientific record which guarantees their competency in reviewing scientific papers.
The review process is secret and classified and is generally completed in two months.
After a paper has been submitted, the Reviewer Selection Committee, which consists up to three members of the Editorial Board and the Chief Editor, decides on the paper acceptability. If the submitted paper satisfies the submission requirements, reviewers are selected and appointed for review.
Every submission is reviewed by two to three reviewers. At least one of them is an internationally acclaimed reviewer.
The review criterion is the scientific and formal appropriateness to the journal mission. Papers are evaluated as good, acceptable or bad.
Based on the relevant factors of the paper evaluation, reviewers submit one of three possible propositions: paper is acceptable for publication; paper requires changes and additions; paper is not acceptable for publication.
In case two reviewers submit a negative evaluation of a paper, the submitting author is informed that the paper was not accepted for publication.
An additional review is required in case a paper has only one negative evaluation. The additional review is performed by a new reviewer or a member the Editorial Board.
Opinions and suggestions of the reviewers are sent to the author who is then obliged, together with other authors, make the necessary adjustments according to the reviewers' instructions.
In case the authors disagree with the suggestions made by reviewers, the Chief Editor reconciles the different opinions.
The final decision on paper publication is made at the meeting of the Editorial Board.
New issue is published every two months.
Submissions accepted by the Editorial Board will be included in one of the future issues.
The submission publication schedule depends on the following criteria:
- Assigned submission section (immediate subject of traffic and transport technology)
- Evaluation of scientific and formal appropriateness
- Classification (original scientific paper, preliminary communication, review)
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
The Faculty of Transport and Traffic Sciences at the University of Zagreb would like to see the journal PROMET - Traffic&Transportation become a place of discussion and contemplation on new ideas by scientists and experts in the field of traffic and transport technology.
Therefore we have decided to provide free and open access in order to provide all walks of scientists, researchers and individuals with new ideas a place where they can publish and protect their work.
How to prepare yourself before submitting a paper for publication
Answer the following questions:
- What inspired me to write this paper? (Hypothesis)
- What did I do?
- What are the results?
- What do the results mean? (Discussion and conclusion)
What to have in mind when submitting a paper for publication
- A scientific publication is both science and art
- The publication is intended for the world at large
- It is ten times more likely than someone will read the title and the abstract then the entire article
- First think what do you want to present and then write it in the simplest way possible (consider with your heart, write with your head)
The basic assumption required for the publication of a paper is the highest ethical standard of the author. This refers to the following:
- Authors must be honest with themselves and their work
- All co-authors must make a significant contribution and are responsible for the paper
- Authors must carefully investigate references
- Authors should not submit a single paper to multiple addresses
- Authors should not try to conceal a conflict of interest
Database indexes of articles published in the journal
Papers published in the journal PROMET – Traffic&Transportation (IF =0,43 in 2016) are indexed in the following databases:
WoS - SCIE (Clarivate Analytics)
Journal archiving policy
The journal is included in the Portal of Scientific Journals of Croatia.
The journal enforces a strict plagiarism screening of every submitted article. One of the tools used is the Similarity Check plagiarism detection tool.
Articles which are considered to be plagiarised or contain plagiarised text will be automatically rejected.
License terms and copyright
The journal operates under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 licensce.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
The journal regulations came into force on December 7, 2011.
Fakulteta za pomorstvo in promet (Univerza v Ljubljani) Portorož, Slovenia participated in the development of the journal together with the publisher:
Sources of Support
- Fakulteta za pomorstvo in promet (Univerza v Ljubljani) Portorož, Slovenia
- Istituto per lo Studio dei Trasporti nell' Integrazione Economica Europea Trieste, Italy
- Fakulta prevádzky a ekonomiky dopravy a spojov (Žilinská univerzita) Žilina, Slovakia
- Dopravni fakulta Jana Pernera (Univerzita Pradubice) Pardubice, Czech Republic
- Fakultet za saobraćaj i komunikacije Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
The Journal PROMET - Traffic&Transportation was founded in 1989 at the Faculty of Traffic and Transport Sciences.
The mission of the Journal is based on the promotion of scientific research in traffic and transport technology.
The first issue was published in August 1989. 24 articles were included on 205 pages. The articles were written by 31 authors whose scientific work in the area of traffic and transport technology had drawn attention to the significance of transport development.
The Journal has been published continuously since 1989 with a new issue published every two months and it is used by scientists and experts for the publication of research results and reviews of advanced technologies.
Articles published in the Journal are quoted in many scientific and expert publications and conferences.
Based on its achieved competency, the Journal is today listed in the most prominent international scientific databases.