|Submissions & Author Guidelines|
A few words from the editor
The journal Promet - Traffic & Transportation is an internationally indexed scientific journal, published by the Faculty of Transport and Traffic Sciences, University of Zagreb.
The mission of our journal is to provide high quality communication of research results, which is crucial for the effectiveness of scientific research, promotion of scientific information and new ideas and original research in the field of traffic and transportation engineering.
Our vision and desire is to publish relevant scientific papers to become a focal point for the promotion of scientific activity in the global environment and among our readers and authors. Therefore, the journal will continue the long tradition of open access to make scientific papers available to all interested parties.
The editorial policy of Promet - Traffic & Transportation journal will be based on providing timely, high quality and competent information so that accepted papers will be published in the shortest possible time. Our focus will be on finding good and interesting articles and helping authors prepare potentially valuable papers for international review. In doing so, we will adhere to the criteria of scientific excellence and to the highest standards and international editorial conventions that apply in scientific publishing.
In this way, we want to create a synergy between articles and journal because we believe that quality articles will make our journal more valuable and our journal will be a place where quality articles are published.
English is the language of scientific communication. Although the first characteristic of the Croatian scientific community is the Croatian language, the journal Promet - Traffic & Transportation will continue to publish exclusively in English in order to be accessible and understandable to the global scientific community. In this way, we aim to broaden our scientific outreach and increase visibility in the international scientific community.
We are proud of our history of continuous publishing, our thematic focus in the field of technical sciences, and our international outlook. In this context, we will strive to become even better.
Prof. Doris Novak, Ph.D
Peer Review Process
The reviewers are prominent scientists and experts with an established scientific track record that guarantees their competence in reviewing scientific papers.
The review process is secret and classified and is usually completed in two months.
After a paper is submitted, the Reviewer Selection Committee, which consists of up to three members of the Editorial Board and the Editor-in-Chief, decides whether the paper is acceptable. If the submitted paper meets the submission requirements, reviewers are selected and assigned to review it.
Each submission is reviewed by at least two reviewers.
The review criterion is scientific and formal appropriateness for the journal's mission.
Based on the relevant factors of the paper evaluation, the reviewers submit one of three possible proposals: The paper is acceptable for publication; the paper requires changes and additions; the paper is not acceptable for publication.
If two reviewers provide a negative evaluation of a paper, the submitting author will be informed that the paper has not been accepted for publication.
Additional peer review is required when a paper has one negative evaluation. The additional review will be conducted by a new reviewer or a member of Editorial Board.
The opinions and suggestions of the reviewers are communicated to the author, who is then obliged to make the necessary adjustments together with other authors according to the instructions of the reviewers.
If the authors disagree with the reviewers' suggestions, the Editor-in-Chief reconciles the different opinions.
The final decision on the publication of a paper is made by Editorial Board.
A new issue is published bimonthly. Submissions accepted by Editorial Board will be included in one of the future issues.
The publication schedule of submissions depends on the following criteria:
1. Assigned submission section (immediate topic of traffic and transportation engineering).
2. Classification (original scientific paper, review).
3. Decision of the Editorial Board
Open Access Policy
This journal provides instant open access to its content, on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports greater global knowledge sharing.
The Faculty of Transport and Traffic Sciences at the University of Zagreb would like the journal Promet- Traffic&Transportation to become a place for discussion and consideration of new ideas from scientists and experts in the field of traffic and transport technology.
That is why we have chosen free and open access to provide a place for all layers of scientists, researchers and people with new ideas to publish and protect their work.
How to prepare yourself before submitting a paper for publication
Answer the following questions:
- What inspired me to write this paper?
- What did I do?
- What are the results?
- What do the results mean?
What to have in mind when submitting a paper for publication
- A scientific publication is both science and art
- The publication is intended for the world at large
- It is ten times more likely than someone will read the title and the abstract then the entire article
- First think what do you want to present and then write it in the simplest way possible (consider with your heart, write with your head)
The basic assumption required for the publication of a paper is the highest ethical standard of the author. This refers to the following:
- Authors must be honest with themselves and their work
- All co-authors must make a significant contribution and are responsible for the paper
- Authors must carefully investigate references
- Authors should not submit a single paper to multiple addresses
- Authors should not try to conceal a conflict of interest
The journal is included in the following academic databases
Papers published in the journal Promet – Traffic&Transportation (IF =0.664 in 2019) are indexed in the following databases:
WoS - SCIE (Clarivate Analytics)
Directory of Open Access Journals
Journal archiving policy
The journal is included in Hrčak, the Portal of Scientific Journals of Croatia.
The journal enforces a strict plagiarism screening of every submitted article. One of the tools used is the Turnitin and iThenticate plagiarism detection tool.
Articles which are considered to be plagiarised or contain plagiarised text will be automatically rejected.
License terms and copyright
The journal operates under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 licensce.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
The journal regulations came into force on December 7, 2011.
- Fakulteta za pomorstvo in promet (Univerza v Ljubljani) Portorož, Slovenia
- Istituto per lo Studio dei Trasporti nell' Integrazione Economica Europea Trieste, Italy
- Fakulta prevádzky a ekonomiky dopravy a spojov (Žilinská univerzita) Žilina, Slovakia
- Dopravni fakulta Jana Pernera (Univerzita Pradubice) Pardubice, Czech Republic
The Journal Promet - Traffic&Transportation was founded in 1989 at the Faculty of Traffic and Transport Sciences.
The mission of the Journal is based on the promotion of scientific research in traffic and transport technology.
The first issue was published in August 1989. 24 articles were included on 205 pages. The articles were written by 31 authors whose scientific work in the area of traffic and transport technology had drawn attention to the significance of transport development.
The Journal has been published continuously since 1989 with a new issue published every two months and it is used by scientists and experts for the publication of research results and reviews of advanced technologies. The title of the journal changed over time.
2006-present Promet – Traffic&Transportation
Articles published in the Journal are quoted in many scientific and expert publications and conferences.
Based on its achieved competency, the Journal is today listed in the most prominent international scientific databases.